Thursday, 24 January 2013
By Naomi Cook
Intercessory prayer is a prayer that intercedes for another believer.
All of us have been called to be an intercessor. Do you pray for the goodness of others? Jesus prayed for us, so why not do as well for others? We are all family in His creation.
Other people may come from other countries, may have different families, may have different beliefs and may have a different nature of living. What is important is that all are created by God, and his desire for us is to pray for one another.
In the Christian life, we recognize this by saying intercessory prayers. We must believe in the power of intercessory prayer, as the more we pray for one another the more powerful our prayer is. Take the intercessory prayer as a privilege to reach and touch someone's life.
When you have the chance to attend church, take it, as it is the most important time to pray with our sisters and brothers in Christ. God is pleased when people are united with one another and praying for one another.
An excellent intercessory prayer shifts the lives of many people. We need the help of the Holy Spirit to teach us how to pray in union with the mind of God. God give us confidence that he hears all our prayers.
Here are seven things to consider before praying an intercessory prayer:
1. You must have good intentions. Clear your mind and heart from anger and anxieties. Your prayer must be done in a righteous way. Your prayer must come from your pure heart.
2. Meditate before you pray. Feel the presence of God. Have peace on your mind; do not think of problems, think of good things.
3. Ask God's will, and know your points. You may write them down or have a check list.
4. Begin to reveal your prayer by revealing it all without limitations.
5. Pray for your own intention as well as for your loved ones, your families, relatives, friends, community leaders, government officials and other church members.
6. When you pray, trust God that he may empower to work on your prayer. Ask the holy spirit to help. Pray powerfully.
7. You may have a prayer list in order for you to remember which prayers already been answered. And don't forget to praise, worship, glorify, and give thanks to God.
Always remember that God is pleased when we pray for others. God loves you and you must love others as well as you love God.
When was the last time you prayed for someone else? When has someone prayed for you? How did it affect you?