Tuesday, 17 July 2012
By Sam at Creative Theology
I was doing some yardwork this past weekend and got into poison ivy or poison something. This morning, I had to get a shot in my butt for the swelling on my face, which has gotten progressively worse over the past couple days. It was quite a pity party of a morning. But you know what…? I have so much to be grateful for. Here are just a few:
- My book is set to ship today from Seattle to Des Moines, marking the end to a stressful and rewarding self-publishing experience
- I have two beautiful daughters and an incredible wife at home
- My job is stable, pays the bills and then some
- I woke up with breath in my lungs and the gift of another day
- I’m loved and valued not for what I create but because I am
I needed a bit of perspective today, and a reminder to be grateful. I too often overlook the grace God is pouring on my life and the signs of the new Kingdom bursting forth in the midst of this reality.
May you see the creative work of God in and through your life today.