I just thought I'd share what I've found to be some of the true pearls of wisdom within the Christian Bible.
- "Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil." - Exodus 23:2
- "If there be among you a poor man ... thou shalt not harden thine heart, nor shut thine hand from thy poor brother: But thou shalt open thine hand wide unto him, and shalt surely lend him sufficient for his need, in that which he wanteth." - Deutoronomy 5:7-8
- "Blessed is he that considereth the poor." - Psalms 4:1
- "Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding." - Proverbs 3:13
- "The simple believeth every word." - Proverbs 14:15
- "Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words." - Proverbs 23:9
- "Execute true judgment, and show mercy and compassions every man to his brother: And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart." - Zechariah 7:9-10
- "Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." - Romans 14:5
See, even an atheist can appreciate parts of the bible!